1. Accounting principles and techniques (30%)
• Reasons for keeping accounts
• Account, ledger and transaction types
• The accounting equation
• Rules of double entry, cash and credit transactions, VAT, and discounts
• Use of control accounts to ensure ledger accuracy.
2. Trial balance and financial statements (20%)
• Trial balances as platform for financial statements.
• Error correction, undetected errors and suspense account.
• Statements: Income, Financial Position and Retained Earnings Reconciliation.
• Adjustments to monetary values (incl. accrued/prepaid items, depreciation, bad debts, allowance for doubtful debt)
• Concepts, conventions and accounting standards.
3. Differences in financial reporting (10%)
• Sole trader and micro, small, medium, and large company reporting.
• Regulatory/legal requirements (FRS/UK Companies Act)
• Company report content by management and auditors.
• Relative usefulness to credit managers.
4. Budgetary control (20%)
• Budgetary control process.
• Different budget types
• Cash budgets and relevance
• Variance analysis
5. Business performance (20%)
• Working capital
• Cash operating cycle
• Ratio calculation and meaning
• Business performance measurement
There is also an Assignment based subject that runs from June to October and the final two subjects Credit Management & Business Environment are available from 14th October 2019.
To get further details or to reserve your place please contact Catriona on 01 659 9466 or Declan on 087 244 7052 email@example.com